Butter Baked Goods by Rosie Daykin is a super sweet guide to baking just about anything, based on her recipes from her Vancouver based bakery of the same name. Rosie’s approach to baking is practical but pretty. Traditional recipes the mighty Nanaiamo Bar, or the lust worthy Campfire Bar are all shot beautifully in this 263 full colour book with amazing photography from my fave Janis Nicolay.
Being an absolute Reese Peanut Butter Cup aficionado it was kismet when I got my hands on this beautiful book I instantly flipped to the right page. Vunderbars (page 111) are as addictive as they are easy to make. The no bake recipe meant whipping these up a snap- my kids did a lot of the heavy lifting! Rice Krispies, chocolate wafer crumbs, icing sugar and you guessed it- my pal peanut butter made for a surprisingly light base, and as equally unsurprising is their inhale-ability factor. These are down right dangerous! The family was unanimous that these are part of our holiday spread. And because you can safely make these up to a 2 weeks in the fridge or 3 (!) months in the freezer you can bang these beauties away and try and ignore them calling your name come snack time.
A group of us Butter fans grouped together to bring you the best of Butter! Check out my food friends reviews below. We’ve all chosen our fave pics to explore Rosie’s book that you can win! Rosie is generously giving one lucky reader a signed cook book as well as a shipment of her tasty goods all valued at $125! Sweet.
- Jenny from The Brunette Baker made Butter’s Classic White Cake and Coffee Buttercream Frosting
- Meg from Sweet Twist of Blogging made the Butterscotch Walnut Bar
- Heather, The Tasty Gardener, made a Raspberry Custard Pie
- Robyn from Planet Byn made The Dream Slice
- Brittany from My Daily Randomness made Marshmallows + Smores
- Anna from Hidden Ponies made The Dunbar
- Liliana from My Cookbook Addiction made Chocolate Espresso Pound Cake
- Rhonda from Olive & Ruby made Twice a Week Morning Glory Muffins
- Mardi from eat. live. travel. write. made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Kristy from She Eats made Apple Bacon Cheddar Scones
- Sarah from (Cooking for) Kiwi & Bean made Jackson Pollock Popcorn
- Isabelle from Crumb: A Food Blog made Chocolate Pistachio Pound Loaf
- Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs made Kitchen Sink Bark
- Gwen from Devour & Conquer made Chocolate Honeycomb Brittle
- Jan from Family Bites made Orange Pecan Biscotti
Email addresses are only used to alert winner and no one will spam you, other than whatever losers already do.
Disclaimer- Yes, I scored this tasty book for free. Thanks Random House. But the words and opinions would be the same had I bought the book, or like I usually do, take it out from the library. Free! I don’t share with my readers what I wouldn’t make again.
This giveaway is open all legal residents of Canada and USA who have reached the age of majority at the time of the contest in the province, territory, or state in which they reside. Canadian residents will need to answer a skill-testing question.
No purchase necessary to enter.
Contest runs from Wednesday, November 26, 2014 to Wednesday, December 3, 2014.